What is Nooks?
Nooks is a platform transforming sales reps from manual laborers to scientists. With today’s technology, sales reps shouldn’t need to manually write hundreds of emails, research hundreds of websites/linkedins, and make hundreds of calls. They should instead focus on the parts of their job that actually require people - talking to customers, being creative, and problem-solving. With a combination of AI tools, automation and real-time collaboration, Nooks can do the rest.
- The team: Nooks is ~30 people. Engineering & product are mostly in SF and go to our office 2-3x/week. The go-to-market team is distributed across the U.S.
- The founders (Dan, Rohan, and Nikhil) met studying AI at Stanford, have published in top AI journals, Forbes 30u30, worked at Scale AI, Tesla Autopilot, etc.
- The engineering team has won international math & physics olympiads, has experience at Google, Facebook, Slack, Quora, Scale AI, Bolt, Snap, Flexport, and other fast-growing startups.
- The sales team have been top-performers at companies like Gong, Amplitude, LeadIQ, and Orum.
- Fundraising: we’ve raised ~$20M in venture capital from top-tier investors. $15M in a recent (un-announced) Series A
- Fast growth: in 16 months (since June ‘22) we’ve grown $0 → $2.5M ARR. So far in 2023 we’ve grown over 3x and expect to 4x by EOY.
Sales pipeline is critical for growing companies. Many, especially B2B companies, have teams of sales/business development representatives (SDR/BDRs) or full-cycle account executives whose responsibility is to identify, contact, and qualify new potential customers. There are ~750,000 SDR/BDR’s in the US alone (e.g. Airtable, Brex, Databricks and many other tech companies have sizable SDR/BDR teams)
In their day-to-day, SDR/BDRs spend time on 3 main activities:
- Prospecting & research - identify a list of potential customers using signals like industry, size, fundraising, headcount growth, new hires, job descriptions, etc.
- Email & LinkedIn messaging - write messages to those contacts to convey the problem and pitch your product. The goal is for them to book a demo
- Calling - Live phone conversations often have higher conversion than emails because they’re more personal, but there’s a lot more manual work involved
Most of the sales rep’s job can be automated with today’s technology: large language models, web scraping, automation, integrations, etc.
Our customers use Nooks for most of their day (avg ~3hrs/business day). Nooks currently owns end-to-end workflows around sales calls:
- AI dialer - automates the manual parts of the calling process: skipping answering machines, leaving voicemails, taking notes, logging calls, even figuring out what to say on a call
- Analytics - we record, transcribe, and analyze every call. Since these are all outbound calls with little context, these calls follow similar structure - opener, pitch, questions/objections, ask for meeting, etc. So we can answer questions like: “which reps struggle to book the meeting with prospects who showed interest” or “what are the most common objections across each of our key personas”
- Salesfloor - sales reps & managers can work together throughout the day, listen to each others’ calls, give real-time advice, coaching, shadowing, onboarding, training.
Teams that use Nooks often see a 2-3x increase in reps’ productivity within weeks! And we’re working on adding prospecting / research workflows (to-be-announced soon!)
We’re defining a new software category: an AI-powered salesfloor. We’re looking for someone to partner with the founders to raise market awareness, create content, and establish Nooks as a thought leader in the sales space. We’ve managed to reach our neck-break growth (doubling each quarter) through users organically sharing their excitement and experiences and we’re looking for ways to scale and systematize this process. This is a wide-ranging role and you’ll not only manage the marketing budget but you’ll be responsible for overall top-of-funnel growth.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, drive user acquisition, and promote Nooks as a new category of software
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns, including social media advertising and search engine optimization
- Create and edit video content for sharing on LinkedIn.
- Work with sales influencers and customer advocates to create LinkedIn content and represent the brand
- Plan and execute both free and sponsored events (webinars, LinkedIn live sessions, etc.) to build relationships with potential customers and partners
- Develop content marketing strategies, including user stories and case studies that highlight Nooks' success and user love
- Track and analyze marketing campaign performance and provide regular reports to the team and management
- Work closely with the product team to ensure marketing initiatives align with product updates and releases
You should have some of these requirements but all of them is not a requirement. If you have any doubt, just apply!
- 2+ years of experience in B2B marketing, preferably in the SaaS industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience creating compelling user stories and case studies
- Passion about the sales space and knowledgable about SDR work
- Experience developing and executing digital marketing campaigns, with a track record of driving user acquisition and revenue growth
- Experience planning and executing events
- Analytical skills to track and report on campaign performance
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
Some reasons this might be a good fit for you:
- Join a startup that’s growing extremely fast (doubling revenue each quarter) 🚀
- Market a product that has thousands of raving fans and a clear ROI 💜
- Strong brand recognition in the sales space 🏆
- Competitive pay and significant equity 💰
- Unlimited PTO 🏖️
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to market. In compliance with pay transparency laws and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for our open roles. The target salary range for this role is $X. On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks and comprehensive benefits.