What is Nooks?
Nooks is a platform transforming sales reps from manual laborers to scientists. With today’s technology, sales reps shouldn’t need to manually write hundreds of emails, research hundreds of websites/linkedins, and make hundreds of calls. They should instead focus on the parts of their job that actually require people - talking to customers, being creative, and problem-solving. With a combination of AI tools, automation and real-time collaboration, Nooks can do the rest.
- The team: Nooks is ~30 people. Engineering & product are mostly in SF and go to our office 2-3x/week. The go-to-market team is distributed across the U.S.
- The founders (Dan, Rohan, and Nikhil) met studying AI at Stanford, have published in top AI journals, Forbes 30u30, worked at Scale AI, Tesla Autopilot, etc.
- The engineering team has won international math & physics olympiads, has experience at Google, Facebook, Slack, Quora, Scale AI, Bolt, Snap, Flexport, and other fast-growing startups.
- The sales team have been top-performers at companies like Gong, Amplitude, LeadIQ, and Orum.
- Fundraising: we’ve raised ~$20M in venture capital from top-tier investors. $15M in a recent (un-announced) Series A
- Fast growth: in 16 months (since June ‘22) we’ve grown $0 → $2.5M ARR. So far in 2023 we’ve grown over 3x and expect to 4x by EOY.
Sales pipeline is critical for growing companies. Many, especially B2B companies, have teams of sales/business development representatives (SDR/BDRs) or full-cycle account executives whose responsibility is to identify, contact, and qualify new potential customers. There are ~750,000 SDR/BDR’s in the US alone (e.g. Airtable, Brex, Databricks and many other tech companies have sizable SDR/BDR teams)
In their day-to-day, SDR/BDRs spend time on 3 main activities:
- Prospecting & research - identify a list of potential customers using signals like industry, size, fundraising, headcount growth, new hires, job descriptions, etc.
- Email & LinkedIn messaging - write messages to those contacts to convey the problem and pitch your product. The goal is for them to book a demo
- Calling - Live phone conversations often have higher conversion than emails because they’re more personal, but there’s a lot more manual work involved
Most of the sales rep’s job can be automated with today’s technology: large language models, web scraping, automation, integrations, etc.
Our customers use Nooks for most of their day (avg ~3hrs/business day). Nooks currently owns end-to-end workflows around sales calls:
- AI dialer - automates the manual parts of the calling process: skipping answering machines, leaving voicemails, taking notes, logging calls, even figuring out what to say on a call
- Analytics - we record, transcribe, and analyze every call. Since these are all outbound calls with little context, these calls follow similar structure - opener, pitch, questions/objections, ask for meeting, etc. So we can answer questions like: “which reps struggle to book the meeting with prospects who showed interest” or “what are the most common objections across each of our key personas”
- Salesfloor - sales reps & managers can work together throughout the day, listen to each others’ calls, give real-time advice, coaching, shadowing, onboarding, training.
Teams that use Nooks often see a 2-3x increase in reps’ productivity within weeks! And we’re working on adding prospecting / research workflows (to-be-announced soon!)
We are looking for a Head of Sales. Responsibilities will include:
- Sales Leadership: Take charge of our sales organization. This includes the training and mentorship of account executives, providing strategic direction to our team as a whole and day-to-day oversight of the function.
- Systematizing our sales processes: Create and optimize a systematic sales process to help us achieve our revenue goals.
- Product advocacy/collaboration: Infuse a product-oriented mindset into the sales team, helping them understand and effectively communicate the value of our products to customers but to also feed back to our internal tech teams on areas of the product our customers want us to invest in.
- Prior Work Experience: A minimum of 4 years experience in sales leadership, including in enterprise SaaS, ideally selling to a similar persona (sales).
- Track record of delivering growth: i.e. you have ideally played your role in scaling a company from ~$1M to >$10M in ARR.
- Experience integrating trial components or other customer engagement strategies into the sales process.
- Location: Based in the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate to the area.
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to market. In compliance with pay transparency laws and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for our open roles. The target base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000 base with a variable component. We also offer equity, generous perks and comprehensive benefits.